Meet the Owners!
We are the Gulati family! My husband and I have 2 wonderful kids, a 13-year-old son and a 5-year-old daughter. Our son was diagnosed with ADHD, ASD and SPD in early elementary school. While he was growing up, we searched for places where he could play and interact with other children, places where he would feel safe and be able to gain the strength and coordination he needed to reach his full potential. Without much luck, it soon became my passion to bring a community-based facility that allowed children to play with their peers and have their unique sensory needs fulfilled, all while understanding the behaviors that come hand in hand with developmental challenges.
Fast forward several years; I came across We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym. I couldn’t help but feel that this was the path I was meant to follow! This opportunity not only came to me at the right time, but also the right place! Northern Virginia was in need of a facility like this. It became clear that the knowledge and experiences that I had gained raising a child with special needs, as well as a child who is neurotypical, had prepared me for this major step in my life.
Our family is beyond excited to bring this unique opportunity to so many deserving families in the greater D.C. and Northern Virginia area and we look forward to welcoming you to We Rock the Spectrum – Loudoun! Our goal is to have a place where kids of all abilities can play and be together in a safe and inclusive environment. Thank you for allowing us to become a part of your family.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination